Saturday, September 17, 2016

HERMANN'S HERITAGE DAYS


I was invited to go back and visit Hermann, Missouri today with friend Gina Broadus.  It was their annual "Heritage Days" celebration so we enjoyed touring some of the homes and museums and admired many gardens along the way.  Just a few photos
that reflect a lovely day:




I lost count of how many Bed and Breakfast establishments we saw
as there were many and also small cottages to rent.


Hermann was settled by German immigrants during the 1800's. 


We toured this home and wine shop below:





5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my what a gorgeous town. I love all those lovely buildings. They all have so many gorgeous details. I wouldn't say no to the gorgeous house in photo no. 3. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What charming buildings! My favourite is the yellow house in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a share, would love to tour all of those homes. Always is amazing what is hid away in some smaller towns. Grins and thanks, for sharing, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bernideen, that was such a nice day, I really enjoyed spending it with you! You got some great shots, love how you put them all together. And the owls, cute-I didn't know you took that shot! The homes make my heart flutter over and over again!! See you tonight at Bible Study!

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.