Tuesday, December 20, 2022

HEARTH ROOM DINING ROOM

 Since we moved to our retirement
cottage, we have not had a
dining room.  I love hospitality
so recently I have been thinking
of using our hearth room as a dining
 room which was it's original purpose.
  It is a little area attached to the kitchen
but with a fireplace.


We brought up the old reproduction
Duncan Phyfe table (the leaf is
out at this time). We put it in
 the center of room lining it up 
with the fireplace.


With winter upon us, I can
still have people over and with
the leaf inserted I can seat 8 here 
and 4-6  over to the right on table
 in the kitchen).  It gets cold downstairs
 in the winter so this is better and
cozy next to the fireplace.

For fun I set the table with dishes 
which are mostly
Red English
Copeland Spode Tower.

I am going to have fun here because
in Colorado I always kept the dining
room table set with dishes.  Of course, 
people who came in asked who
are you having
for dinner?


The teapot and coffeepot
are English Mason's Vista.

I think I should have done
this when we moved into
this house going on
7 years ago!


So what I 
haven't 
mentioned is that now we have a sofa waiting in
the front hallway
that needs to be
taken down to
the basement.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You sound like you're already enjoying the "new dining room". What fun with the added charm of your lovely Christmas decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks perfect to me!! I would love to have a fireplace in my dining room and would enjoy sitting there all the time! So glad you decided to do that. That table and the chairs are beautiful, by the way!! And I love the dishes as well. Perfectly done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bernideen!

    I love it. The table is situated just right! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect way to use your hearth room. The fireplace adds not only warmth but a very cozy charm.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.