Wednesday, December 15, 2021

ORANGE MARMALADE MUFFINS

 This morning I needed to take something
to a meeting and I looked over at a stack
of recipes in file folders on the kitchen
table.  One of the folders was marked 
Lemon, Lime or Orange Muffins.



This recipe is for Orange Marmalade
Muffins and came from Linda Colantino
is all about her passions for dolls,
 antiques, tea, baking 
and a love
for Tasha Tudor.




So here is the recipe for Orange
Marmalade Muffins and I do think
they would be lovely with a cup of tea
or at breakfast time:

1 3/4 cup flour, 3 tsp baking power, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 2 Tb sugar, 2 Tb brown sugar,
1/2 tsp salt, 1 large egg (I used 2 small), 1 cup milk, 4 Tb melted butter, 1 Tb grated orange zest and 7 Tb orange marmalade

Makes 1 dozen at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes - I did 15 min in a convection oven

Mix sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda,
sugar, brown sugar and salt
Beat egg slightly, then beat in milk.  Mix
butter and zest into the egg/milk mixture.
Make a well in dry ingredients - add all the liquid mixture at once.
Stir mixture with wooden spoon - 10-15 strokes.  do not over mix!  Batter will be lumpy.  Spoon 2 Tb batter into bottom of 12 pre-greased muffin tin - add 1 1/2 tsp marmalade and top off with batter to
fill 3/4 full.
Bake in center oven rack


3 comments:

  1. Mmm, yum! Your orange marmalade muffins sound just lovely! I love a good muffin and orange is always a favourite any time of year. I do love your red transferware. I am going to try to put one more post on before my family arrives on Monday, and I must use my favourite red and white. It is so pretty during the holidays. Merry Christmas, Bernideen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound delicious. You always set a festive table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ingredients and the photos make them almost fragrant on my end. I enjoy seeing your new Christmas mini light decoration header today. I just finished reading Laura Childs "Twisted Christmas Tea". As always a fun read. Enjoy the holiday season, it is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.