Wednesday, December 8, 2021

PEPPERMINT BARK IS EASY TO MAKE

 This is the time of the year when the
kitchen smells so yummy.  It also means
sticky fingers on the oven, refrigerator
and sweet things on the floor.

I got up early this morning knowing I
was going to try Peppermint Bark to
take to a meeting to share.  It was easy to
make and soooo much cheaper than those Ghirardelli Squares you get at Sam's (and
probably Costco too) for $9.98 for less
than 1/2 pound.  I made 2 - 10 x 15 trays of this which was probably like 2 pounds
worth for a fraction of the cost:

Line 2 10 x 15 jelly roll pans with
parchment paper

1.Melt 6 cups of semi choco chips (name brand - not generic) and
add 1 tsp peppermint extract
and spread on the parchment paper 
and put in the refrigerator to cool
Once cool:
          2.  Melt 6 cups of white choc chips 
        (name brand please) and add one tsp peppermint extract
then spread over the first layer.   Sprinkle
candy cane pieces all over the top of the white
chocolate and press in a little - refrigerate again until cool

When it is cool - just break up the
pieces.  The carton below was just
about 1/2 of what I had and  because there 
were 2 of those trays in the photo below.
(I also had enough to spread on 1 pie tin)  
I went ahead and froze about 1/2 of
what I made in small cartons in the
freezer.


I melted my chocolate each time (because 2 types) in a double boiler but my friend
suggested I tray the microwave next time.

1 comment:

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.