Wednesday, December 22, 2021

A LITTLE CHRISTMAS TEA

 Today I had a few ladies over for
an Afternoon Tea.  I took advantage
of the baking knowing I could have
some extra sweets to share with others
this week.  This post will not be
exactly as I had planned because
of a little problem.  This has happened
before too - I forgot to take the photos.


Yesterday I made my sweets which included
Sugar Cookies cut like little teapots,
 (those have now already been eaten)
Cherry Bars and little
 lemon tarts.
I cut the Cherry Bar recipe in half
because the recipe served way
to many.

did go ahead and make the full recipe
so I could freeze a lot for later. 

 This was the lemon tart filling I made but you
could also just purchase a can of pie filling.

Lemon Tart Filling Recipe:

5 large eggs, 1 egg yolk, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup
fresh lemon juice, 1/2 cup butter

Wisk together the eggs, sugar .  Heat lemon juice over medium in a small saucepan.  
In another larger pan, melt butter and slowly add lemon juice mixing well and then  
add egg mixture stirring until it thickens.
Once thick, cool and refrigerate until
ready to use.  





I served 3 savories: Chicken Salad
on mini Croissants, Deviled Eggs and

I also made Orange Currant Scones and
we had both iced and hot tea.  The hot tea
came a little later in the meal.

Orange Currant Scones:
2 cups flour, 1 1/2 Tb baking powder, 
1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, grated peel of 
1 orange, 5 Tb butter, 5 Tb shortening,
1/2 cup buttermilk and more for
brushing, 1/3 cup currants
425 degrees for 15 min or less convection

I cover my baking sheet with parchment
paper. I love using parchment paper.  Combine first 4 ingredient by hand, add orange peel.  Flake in butter and shortening.  Add buttermilk, mix fold in currant roll dough and cut out scones with small 2" cutter, brush with milk and bake
15 min Yield:12


The plates and other transferware were washed 
and ready to put back away.
I had every intention of sharing my
table with you......but.



We won't be ready for Christmas to be
over Saturday.  I think we may enjoy
it all for a while.  




Some snow would have made things
really festive but that doesn't usually
happen in Missouri until January
or February.

4 comments:

  1. I like your tea party, the recipes and your transferware, all look festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely teatime for your friends, Bernideen. You’re a wonderful hostess. I had a tea with some friends, too, and they enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing your menu. Merry Christmas to you and your hubby. πŸ™πŸ»πŸŽ„πŸ™πŸ»

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.